UMFM Seeks Volunteer Coordinator
UMFM 101.5 is currently looking for a Volunteer Coordinator. This 1 year term is an ideal position for a creative individual with a good understanding of the role that Campus & Community Radio plays on our local campus and in our community. The Volunteer coordinator is expected to play a leadership role in helping to develop and implement a positive, friendly atmosphere at the station, and will play a lead role in the recruitment and retention of those with an interest in campus/community radio. The position will pay $16.00 per hour to start based on a 10 hour work week, with an opportunity for increase based on performance.
Expected duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing UMFM’s volunteer intake process, and facilitating the integration of new volunteers into the UMFM family.
- Coordinating orientations, workshops and training sessions for UMFM volunteers; placement of new volunteers according to skill, interest and ability.
- Assisting staff in the creation of volunteer systems, positions, and drop-in hours for the various departments at UMFM; overseeing UMFM Mentor Team to ensure all
- Supporting the needs of a diverse volunteer base, enabling the contributions of a wide variety of ages, abilities, and cultural backgrounds.
- Acting as the friendly face of the station, connecting with new volunteers, and welcoming them into the UMFM family.
- Collecting ongoing feedback and maintaining contact with all UMFM volunteers throughout the year.
- Planning volunteer appreciation events and initiatives.
- Assisting with UMFM’s Social Media Platforms
- Other duties based on demand.
Please forward your resume by 6PM on July 19th to:
Jared McKetiak, Station Manager
310 University Centre, University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2
This position is only open to anyone meeting the stated requirements. UMFM is an equal opportunity employer, though preference may be given to volunteers in good standing at UMFM. Terms of employment – August 6, 2019 thru August 6, 2020.