UMFM Seeks Producer (Six-Month Term Position)
UMFM 101.5 is currently looking for a Producer. This six-month position is an ideal position for a creative individual with a proven experience in radio and/or podcast production. The Producer is expected to play a leadership role in developing, writing, directing, editing, and promoting a brand new13-part series about Reconciliation. The position will pay $35.50 per hour, plus MERC’s, to start based on a 20-hour work-week.
Expected duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Producing a 13-part radio and podcast series about Reconciliation.
- Leading story meetings and determining episode content.
- Developing show line up.
- Field and in studio audio recording.
- Writing and vetting show scripts.
- Directing host in studio.
- Editing and mixing show.
- Overseeing the work of and mentoring associate producers/researchers.
- Liaising with marketing team to create and execute communications plan to promote the series.
- Liaising with university partners to create learning materials that correspond with each episode.
- Other duties based on demand.
Please forward your resume to:
Jared McKetiak, Station Manager
310 University Centre, University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2
Applications for this position will be received up to midnight on February 7th, 2018.
This position is only open to anyone meeting the stated requirements. UMFM is committed to achieving employment equity, therefore encourages applicants to self-declare in cover letter if Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).