UMFM Seeks 2 Associate Producers (Six-Month Term Positions)
UMFM 101.5 is currently looking for two Associate Producers. These six-month positions are ideal position for creative individuals with a proven experience in radio and/or podcast production. The Associate Producers are expected to play a vital role in developing and executing a brand new 13-part series about Reconciliation. The position will pay $17.85 per hour, plus MERC’s, to start based on a 20-hour work-week.
Expected duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Contributing ideas for series (including guests, content).
- Researching topics, chasing and booking guests, conducting pre-interviews, and preparing scripts.
- Booking studio times, and/or organizing logistics for field recordings.
- Briefing host.
- Liaising with National Centre for Truth And Reconciliation archivists to identify audio from Truth and Reconciliation Commission to be used in the series.
- Editing and mixing show content.
- Contributing ideas for learning materials that correspond with each episode.
- Other duties based on demand.
Please forward your resume to:
Jared McKetiak, Station Manager
310 University Centre, University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2
Applications for this position will be received up up to midnight on February 7th, 2018.
This position is only open to anyone meeting the stated requirements. UMFM is committed to achieving employment equity, therefore encourages applicants to self-declare in cover letter if Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).