The Winnipeg Jazz Orchestra announces 2013/14 Season!
The Winnipeg Jazz Orchestra marks its 17th season with a slate of concerts featuring homegrown talent as well as popular vocalist Denzal Sinclaire and trumpet player Michael Philip Mossman. Due to popular demand, two concerts are expanded to include a special Saturday evening performance and a fall Jazz Band Festival for middle and high school students is launched growing the WJO’s season to 14 performances of 6 programs.
The WJO will bring back some of our favorite music and guests from previous seasons, and thrilled to present new young talent to our audience. The savvy and expertise of seasoned performers like Denzal Sinclaire, Michael Mossman, Ron Paley, Earl MacDonald and Derrick Gardner guarantee memorable concerts, and the energy and sparkle that young performers like Colleen Furlan, Devon Gillingham, Joanna Majoko, and Sheena Rattai bring will be like the “icing on the cake”!
Season Highlights Include:
- WJO launches a special fall Jazz Band Festival for middle & high school students on October 26 culminating with a special Saturday evening performance of Art of the Tango with Michael Philip Mossman
- Denzal Sinclair returns to take the stage for a special 3‑concert weekend in February
- U of M Jazz Faculty and trumpet player Derrick Gardner will lead Basie and Beyond which is sure to delight
- At the annual December show the WJO will perform Duke Ellington’s Nutcracker suite
- Three generations of Manitoba pianists will share the stage in March for Big Band Piano, 3 Generations & 88 keys
- CBC Over the Rainbow contest finalist Colleen Furlan takes the stage in May
Buy Season Tickets and save up to 28% off regular ticket prices — only $175 for adults and $65 for students!
Season Tickets for the WJO 2013⁄14 Season are available through the WJO Box Office at (204) 632‑5299 and online at www.winnipegjazzorchestra.com.