The Winnipeg if… Improv Festival Is Back!
Edition #18 includes first all-women sketch ensemble & THIN AIR collaboration!
The 18th edition of Winnipeg if… Improv Festival is back with a week of completely unprepared hilarity! This year, we have performers from New York City, Seattle, Victoria, Minneapolis and Montréal. We will also be showcasing our tradition of inter-disciplinary collaboration with a spot of sketch comedy, as well as a show where writers and poets mingle on-stage with improvisers!
We’re especially excited present a collaboration between writers and improvisers. Spontaneous observations collide with pre-written musings on the world we live in. Poetry from improvisers, improv from poets and the wonderful space between profound and profunny. This is a live collaboration between the Winnipeg if… Improv Festival and Winnipeg’s International Writer’s Festival THIN AIR.
The talent at this year’s festival includes:
- Megan Grey, Artistic Director of the Magnet Theater in New York City.
- Tony Beeman, Associate Artistic Director of Unexpected Productions in Seattle.
- Dave Morris, Artistic Director and founder of the Paper Street Theatre in Victoria.
- Meags Fitzgerald, Montréal improviser and award-winning illustrator.
- Dr Joel Carter, a medical doctor who just happens to be one heck of a storyteller.
- Stephen Hunter, an improviser from Halifax
In addition to the out-of-town guests, the Winnipeg if… Improv Festival boasts so much homegrown talent, we’ve had to create three ensembles to keep track of them all. Throw in some sketch comedy from HUNKS and President Bear and we have ourselves a FESTIVAL!
Once again, the festival will be offering passes for you to see every show! Tickets and passes for the Winnipeg if… Improv Festival are available through the Gas Station Arts Centre by calling (204) 284‑9477 or online at www.gsac.ca or www.winnipegimprov.com. Get your tickets early – shows this funny tend to sell out faster than you can laugh at a meme on the internet!
For an up-to-date list of performers, hi-res photos and ticket information, go to www.WinnipegImprov.com