2013 Run For Rights
Mark Saturday, June 1 on your calendar and join your fellow citizens for the 12th Annual Run for Rights. This yearly community event raises funds for and awareness of human rights, both locally and globally.
Whether you choose to walk, run, cycle or rollerblade, this event is a great way to get some exercise or warm up for the Manitoba marathon in support of social justice and human rights.
The Run for Rights is a coalition of diverse organizations working together to organize this event. Each organization is fully independent in undertaking their human rights and social justice work. The strategies and policy positions adopted by participating organizations are not necessarily shared by other coalition members.
Over 15 Winnipeg organizations are involved in the Run for Rights, raising funds for their work related to defending political rights and advocating for social and economic justice. This year’s participants include:
- Accountable Development Works
- Afghan-Canadian Women’s Organization
- Aksyon Ng Ating Kabataan (ANAK) Inc.
- Amnesty International
- Camp Aurora
- Canada Palestine Support Network
- Community Unemployed Help Centre
- Eritrean-Canadian Human Rights Group of Manitoba
- Fazhan International Program
- K.I.D.S. (Kenya Initiative for Development and Sustainability Inc.)
- LITE (Local Investment Toward Employment)
- Manitoba Association for Rights and Liberties
- Manitoba Interfaith Immigration Council (Welcome Place)
- Solidarity Committee for Ethiopian Political Prisoners
- Winnipeg Copwatch
- Winnipeg Haiti Solidarity Group